Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Sunday w/ Braids

My Sunday was totally snatched from me when i decided i was going to go get my hair braided in box braids. Now, in the back of my mind i always knew my day was over from the moment i bought the hair... but still forrrrrrr some wierd, n crazy reason I thought "it won't be tooo long". I said to myself, "maybe it will only take 4 to 5 hours if i get there when she opens up her shop".

LOL at me because everyone else living in queens thought that same thought too. I got there at 10 am with my mom, mad hype and ready to get this process started. My mom parked about 3 stores away from our destination, and she is slowly making her way to the door when we see another woman and a girl (in her teens) walking quite briskly in that same direction. Now, it never occcured to me that they were probably going where I was going, but my mom being "ever-so-wise" got the drift immediatly. Out of no where she starts speed walking and dragging me along as well. O_o

However being that was so early in the morning, and my mind/body doesn't begin to function at full speed until at least 11:45 am on weekends, so my only intention was to get her to slow down. Likewise, my laziness led to the other people making it to the shop first where I also encountered 2 other ladies waiting to get their hair braided as well.............. Soooo in all I had 4 people ahead of me to get their hair done before i was even to be looked at. AND to top it off, i wanted box braids which take forever and year

I got home at 6:30 pm and my head was sore.... but in the end it was worth it. No more getting up early trying to do my hair. Its as easy as oil, mousse and go.

I'll put pics of my hair up later .... =D

No comments: