Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If my life was a movie, I would have the greatest movie soundtrack


Soooo i think it just hit me the other day that music is the 1 thing that keeps me going throughout day. When i really think about, i dont know what i would do if i didnt have my Sansa mp3 player at all times. I do hw, eat, watch tv, and fall asleep with music. I even give my life a soundtrack .... lol and it is not as crazy as it sounds because everyone does it. Like, your going to school or your job, and right before you get there you put on that "song" that just gets you hyped / depressed depending on your mood, and it just becomes your theme music! Well, i just take it a step further, I'll act like its a movie scene and make the simple moments seem like cinematic gold with the dramatic music and everything .... lol maybe i just have too much time on my hands


But anyways.... over the weekend my older sister gave me a list of songs to download from the 80s and 90s for her new ipod. And now I'm hooked. She had me listening to everything from En Vogue, Cher, Pat Benatar, Bonnie Tyler, Tina Turner, Karyn White, Maxi Priest and many more. In fact, I have a a whole new appreciation for some of the things she listens to, even though she's always complaining about how i listen to "garbage" (mainly because its rap). But i'll get her to come around sooner or later to my music.

If you are a fan of 80s/90s music (pop, reggae, alternative .... idk) here are a few i enjoyed:

Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar
We Belong Together - Pat Benatar
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves - Cher
So Close - Daryl Hall & John Oates
Last Dance - Donna Summers
Waitin on You - En Vogue
Don't Let Go - En Vogue
Night Nurse - Gregory Issac
I'm Not Your Superwoman - Karyn White
Wild World - Maxi Priest
Never Did Say Goodbye - Maxi Priest
Come On Over To My Place - Teddy Pendergrass



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no u did not go over to the old side

br!t.br!t. said...

lol nayla u werent even around during that time so u dont appreciate those songs mann