Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Got A Lust For Life....


"I'm trying to do it all tonight ... i got plans. i got a certain lust for life and as it stands, everything is going as right as it can. they trying to shoot down my flight, before it lands." [Lust for Life - Drake]

Iiighhtttt, well Thursday night i was up mad late to like 12:15 am waiting for that new Drake mixtape to drop and attempting to do homework. But the whole homework thing didn't quite work out like how i planned it to. The comments on the blogs were just too funny. I mean I must have refreshed a thousand times because angry Drake fans go hard.

But yea past that.... I didnt even listen to it that night, it was delayed soo I said i was gonna download it in the morning.... f that. I barely had enough time to make it to my train. So from 8 am to 5 pm, i'm in school doing a whole bunch of nothing. I get home, i fall asleep. (-_-) Now, i finally download the ish anddddddddd my thoughts about it are??????

i'm happy theres some new stuff from him but im not amazed with it. idk y tho???? i like drake whether he sings or rap... but maybe i was expecting wayyyy to much from him. Theres a hell of alot more RnB this time around on the tape than on Comeback Season. (which is all good) But I felt like I didnt get all those witty punchlines or those rhymes that really make you go back and think.

Maybe if I hadnt heard like half the songs through leaks already this mixtape would have gotten a A+. But its at at A- to B+ for me right now, i gotta grow on track #4.

Drake Tracks You Should Listen 2 (both new and old):
Lust for Life
A Night Off ft Lloyd
Houstatlantavegas
November 18th
Sucessful ft Trey Songz
Unstoppable Remix
Friends With Money
I Want This Forever
Sooner Than Later
Im Still Fly Freestyle
Think Good Thoughts ft Phonte
Brand New
Decieving
Bitch Is Crazy (very funny lol)
Give Ya ft Trey Songz
etc....

No comments: