Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammy fashion .... was interesting.

Grammy fashion .... idk. They say everyone has there own personal outlook on whats hot and whats not. But I felt the fashion at the Grammys was either dull or it was a terrible, terrible trainwreck waiting to explode at any moment. Even elite stars like J. Hudson seemed to miss the boat on this one. (but because i love her, i'm not gonna put any pics up of her). However, these are the looks that got a "NAY!!!" from me.

Maiysha and the King of Thieves


First up, is singer Maiysha. She's probably very talented and she is beautiful. BUT!!!, her attire just went wrong somewhere along the line. (especially for an event like the Grammys). Her entire outfit just reminds me of something out of Aladdin. Could it be that she was aiming to be a modern day Jasmine... who knows.



Solange


And then there was Solange. I know everyone wants to be sexy and show off the body. BUT!!! put that away girl. Your not going out to a club (*cough* strip club *cough*). This is the Grammys mannnn. Put on a beautiful, elegant dress. It doesn't even have to be down to your knees just use more material. smh. She know she can't even bend down in this dress.




M.I.A.Estelle


Now, M.I.A and Estelle .... they both have very unique styles. M.I.A. has more of a retro, pop, "i-don't-give-a-f*#k" kind of look. While Estelle, leans more toward a fresh, couture, "i-just-came-off-the-runway" look. With these two, you can't get them to change. Its jus embedded in them.
BUT!!!!! I just thought it looked bad. I understand your pregnat M.I.A., but I'm sure there was someone, anyone who could have made a maternity dress fit for your style without you looking like a clown. And then Estelle's dress gave her absolutely no shape what so ever. I feel like the dress and hair together added 2o years to her anatomy .... which is just a shame.



Barbie Paris


Last but not least, was Paris Hilton. I honestly don't even know why she was there. BUT!!! anywayyyy, her dress looked like the nightgown set I used to buy for my Barbies way back in the day. It was shiny, girly and barely nething there. Sad thing about this whole look, she probably thought she was cute strutting down the red carpet, letting all the breeze fly you know where.

-----------------

So now with all those failed attempts at award worthy Grammy looks and countless others (f.y.i Paula Abdul), anyone would become discouraged. Fashion critics probably had little to nothing to work with for the "Good Looks" category. However, I had two that caught my attention. Carrie Underwood's gold beaded dress fit her perfectly and it really brought out her beauty. While, Taylor Swift's little black number was fun yet still classy for an event such as the Grammys. It seems like the female country artists know how to really stand out (in a good way) for these kind of things.


Carrie UnderwoodTaylor Swift

No comments: